The communications process is a component of every aspect of life. Organizations are made up of people, and communications patterns are complicated. Let me take a moment and introduce the concept of “over-communicating.” It is vital to over-communicate in all we do—both online and offline. Note to reader: Communications involve all processes between sender and receiver, so this does not mean we simply talk or write more. The goal is maximum communications efficiency and effectiveness (green quadrant) as per the “E” Model below. Our world is noisy, has a short attention span and moves rapidly by nature. In consulting with…
In life, it is quite simple if you want to be a leader and differentiate yourself from the many followers out there… you must be CONSISTENT. I cannot stress this word enough.
Based on its definition in the dictionary, consistency can be described as being marked by harmony, regularity, or steady continuity and free from variation or contradiction.
Also, showing steady conformity to character, profession, belief, or custom.
So with that said, who would NOT want to be consistent. In any new habit you try to create you will only be successful if you are consistent.
Five thoughts on consistency.
1. Consistent people tell the truth so they do not need to remember what "lie" they told.
2. Consistent people are loyal to their employers or employees day in and day out.
3. Consistent people live a well rounded and balanced life all year long.
4. Consistent people get regular physical exercise and spiritual reflection.
5. Consistent people behave the same way day in and day out.
In short, and there are so many more examples… it is ALL about consistency.
Are you consistent?