This is a short post to address what many of us feel and never share. It is okay to say this... " I cannot make a decision and I am overthinking things." The common expression for this is "paralysis by analysis." It is important when you begin to let your emotions get the best of you to simply-- take a time out. Go clear your head and think about something different. I challenge you at such times to remember that so many of the things in life… we tend to over think, dwell on, and waste energy pondering... are simply…
In life, it is quite simple if you want to be a leader and differentiate yourself from the many followers out there… you must be CONSISTENT. I cannot stress this word enough.
Based on its definition in the dictionary, consistency can be described as being marked by harmony, regularity, or steady continuity and free from variation or contradiction.
Also, showing steady conformity to character, profession, belief, or custom.
So with that said, who would NOT want to be consistent. In any new habit you try to create you will only be successful if you are consistent.
Five thoughts on consistency.
1. Consistent people tell the truth so they do not need to remember what "lie" they told.
2. Consistent people are loyal to their employers or employees day in and day out.
3. Consistent people live a well rounded and balanced life all year long.
4. Consistent people get regular physical exercise and spiritual reflection.
5. Consistent people behave the same way day in and day out.
In short, and there are so many more examples… it is ALL about consistency.
Are you consistent?