As our firm consults a great deal on leadership and decision making, I would like you to consider this post as it comes to your planning and leadership. We hear all many types of leadership styles/strategies/philosophies (And-putting my "academic hat" on for a moment)... here are a few of the leadership styles.... autocratic participative charismatic transactional servant visionary transformational authentic democratic Ok, well you get the idea... so here is the point today. There are countless styles, models and articles written on the best ways to lead your organization. The goal, however, is to pick the style that best meets the needs of the…
In life, it is quite simple if you want to be a leader and differentiate yourself from the many followers out there… you must be CONSISTENT. I cannot stress this word enough.
Based on its definition in the dictionary, consistency can be described as being marked by harmony, regularity, or steady continuity and free from variation or contradiction.
Also, showing steady conformity to character, profession, belief, or custom.
So with that said, who would NOT want to be consistent. In any new habit you try to create you will only be successful if you are consistent.
Five thoughts on consistency.
1. Consistent people tell the truth so they do not need to remember what "lie" they told.
2. Consistent people are loyal to their employers or employees day in and day out.
3. Consistent people live a well rounded and balanced life all year long.
4. Consistent people get regular physical exercise and spiritual reflection.
5. Consistent people behave the same way day in and day out.
In short, and there are so many more examples… it is ALL about consistency.
Are you consistent?