My oldest daughter recently got a job at one of my favorite “fast food” places Chick-Fil-A (CFA). Being that I live in Atlanta, where it is headquartered, they are everywhere. Also, I know many of the stores owners and some of the Cathy family (founders). Needless to say, I am a fan. Why do I bring this up? First, they offer something that all of us can do a better job of in our organization. They do not say “next customer;” they say “next guest.” Yep, we are treated special, and they mean it. Wow, I wonder how much that…
In life, it is quite simple if you want to be a leader and differentiate yourself from the many followers out there… you must be CONSISTENT. I cannot stress this word enough.
Based on its definition in the dictionary, consistency can be described as being marked by harmony, regularity, or steady continuity and free from variation or contradiction.
Also, showing steady conformity to character, profession, belief, or custom.
So with that said, who would NOT want to be consistent. In any new habit you try to create you will only be successful if you are consistent.
Five thoughts on consistency.
1. Consistent people tell the truth so they do not need to remember what "lie" they told.
2. Consistent people are loyal to their employers or employees day in and day out.
3. Consistent people live a well rounded and balanced life all year long.
4. Consistent people get regular physical exercise and spiritual reflection.
5. Consistent people behave the same way day in and day out.
In short, and there are so many more examples… it is ALL about consistency.
Are you consistent?